Search This Blog

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Effect of Stigmatization in bipolar

For people with bipolar we are face with a lot of stigma on a day to day basic, and become of this stigma we get we try to hide our bipolar from people, and even if we get a friend we can't say ever tell our so call friend that I have bipolar cause what we do well it good bye friend.
It just the stigma we get is devastating to us.

And not only our peer will stigmatization us, even our elders will stigmatization
us and for me that is my teacher and the principal, at my k-8 school Salem Grade School.

I would get pick-on, get made fun of, all the time by the other kids, and the worst
of it all was that I even would tell the teacher, that I was being made fun of, being pick on, they would not listen, they tell me to ignore then, or that they was being friend with me just playing with me, yea fucking right that not being a
friend, and even when the teacher would go up to the group of kids, to ask then if that kid was picking me, they all would deny it and said thing was the other way around that I was picking a fight, with that kid.

After sometime I stop hoping that some teacher would help me out, and I starting to help myself to try and stop then from picking on me.

Because of that I got send to the principal a lot, I ending up with detention a lot, but it was alway only me that got the detention, the people who was making fun of me, the people who was picking on me, even when the same person did it multiple time before they alway got off Scot free, they was treated like they was perfect angel, they never got a detention, even when teacher, principal saw the kid picking on me, they still say that the kid did not do anything, it like what the fuck this is bullshit what are you deaf and blind.

But this just is not right, and it need to stop.

It because of thing like that we struggle with chronically low self-esteem, that we often have a negative self-concept, and dysfunctional attitudes towards the self.

Just because my mood, emotion, are more extreme then most people will ever be as Natasha Tracy said If I remembered right it don't make our emotion, what we feel any less real, it in a way it make then even more real.

Even in a Mania state where we often feel this exaggerated belief in one's own importance, where we even have this feeling of exaggerated Self-Confidence in spite of this, mania is associated with internalized low self-esteem.

Is it any wonder why we people with bipolar live with the law of TRUST NO ONE UNLESS YOU CAN SHOW US YOU DESERVE THAT TRUST, we will not waste our time, and energy to look for people we can trust, YOU HAVE TO SHOW US THAT WE CAN TRUST YOU



If you would like to comment, have any question,

don't be scared to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment